“Following an honours degree in Psychology, my professional career spanned both psychological research and practice in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Postgraduate research was spent exploring the effects of early harsh discipline on adult mental health and it was around this time in 2002 that I began training to work with couples. This was where I was introduced to psychosexual therapy and was drawn to it immediately. I decided to focus my career in this area and went on to gain valuable experience working within three Relate centres (London, Cambridge and Essex) and within my own independent practice in North London.
Life took me to Scotland early in 2007, where I established a private practice specialising in sexual and relationship therapy here in Broughty Ferry, expanding my practice to Aberdeen from April 2012 – May 2017 both privately and joining forces with Relationships Scotland to work with NHS referrals. I have extensive experience of working with couples and individuals experiencing sexual and relationship difficulties.
In 2012 I began my doctoral studies so that I could enhance my skills and broaden my practice, qualifying in 2016 as a counselling psychologist. My experience in this area involves working within the NHS, educational and third sector organisations, with individuals, couples, young people and families. I also have valuable experience of working within a specialist NHS psychological trauma department. I currently continue to practice as a counselling psychologist within an NHS mental health setting. My research interests, however, have changed and now lie in the area of sexuality.” Dr Samantha Baradhi
- Doctorate (DPsych) Counselling Psychology (Glasgow Caledonian University) 2016
- Diploma (DipPST) Psychosexual Therapy (Relate Central) 2006
- BSc (Hons) Psychology (Goldsmiths, University of London) 1998
Further Professional Trainings
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Re-Processing (EMDR, Sandi Richman Training – Parts 1, 2 and 3)
- Schema Therapy Certification/Accreditation (Schema Therapy Scotland)
- Schema Therapy with Adolescents (ISST – Paul Kasyanik)
- Schema Therapy with Couples (ISST – Travis Atkinson)
- Schema Therapy for Intimacy Disorders, Narcissism & Hypersexuality (ISST – Wendy Behary)
- Cognitive Behavioural Analysis System of Psychotherapy (CBASP, Dundee University)
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision (British Psychological Society)
- Mindfulness Group Facilitation (Stanton Psychological Services)
- Foundation in Family Therapy and Systemic Practice (Family Therapy Training Network, Glasgow in collaboration with a government funded pilot project – ‘Family Matters’ at Avenue Aberdeen– Relationships Scotland)
- Sexual and Relationship Psychotherapy (The Porterbrook NHS Clinic, Sheffield)
- Systemic Couple Counselling (Relate Central)
- Foundation in Psychodynamic Marital & Couple Counselling (London Marriage Guidance)
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Chartered Member of the British Psychological Society (CPsychol).
- Accredited Member of the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT).
- Full Member of the International Society for Schema Therapy (ISST – Accreditation pending)